The DIFC has a court system that is entirely independent of the Dubai Civil Court system. A major advantage for most expatriates with the DIFC Court system is that the proceedings are conducted in English language. It also follows a common law system. There is an opt in jurisdiction for DIFC Courts where parties may expressly choose the DIFC Courts for resolution of their disputes to the exclusion of the jurisdiction of the Dubai Civil Courts. Judgments of the DIFC Courts are enforced by the Dubai Civil Courts on the strength of an enforcement protocol executed between the DIFC Courts and Dubai Civil Courts. On account of this, a lot of parties are choosing to opt in to the jurisdiction of the DIFC Courts.
Lutfi & Co DIFC have experienced lawyers who are registered under Part II of the DIFC register of practitioners with right of audience before all courts in the DIFC.
Our DIFC Part II registered practitioners are:
- Mr. Salman Lutfi
- Mr. Sreehari Vadukumchery
Litigation before the UAE Courts
Lutfi & Co has a proven track record of over 35 years with broad experience in all aspects of litigation before all courts in the UAE including in the following areas:
- General commercial litigation
- Contract disputes including land and off plan sales
- Intellectual property litigation
- Banking and finance litigation
- Product liability
- Occupational health and safety
- Appellate litigation in all jurisdictions including Court of Cassation in Dubai and Abu Dhabi and Federal Supreme Court
- Corporate insolvency
- Enforcement of securities
- Debt recovery
- Marine insurance
- Sea carriage
- Road carriage
- Trade and commodity disputes
- Maritime disputes
- Management of disciplinary action, termination of employment and restructuring
- Advising with respect to restraints on employment clauses and confidential information.